- This event has passed.
ACDIS Symposium: Outpatient CDI Conference
November 14, 2019 - November 15, 2019
November 14-15, 2019 Hyatt Regency Austin, Austin TX
The ACDIS Symposium: Outpatient CDI Conference features two days of education and networking dedicated to clinical documentation improvement (CDI) in the outpatient setting. Join them for this one-of-a-kind conference featuring two concurrent educational tracks of diverse sessions, including how to get started in the ambulatory setting, query techniques and nuances, metrics and analytics, staff training, and demonstrating return on investment.
Learn from your peers and the nation’s foremost outpatient CDI experts while you take advantage of a unique networking experience.
Topics include sessions on:
- Building an outpatient CDI program
- Risk adjustment: Common diagnoses often missed in outpatient documentation
- Outpatient query practices: Building compliant queries
- MACRA and MIPS: A look at physician quality and payments
- Critical differences between inpatient vs. outpatient coding guidelines
- How to teach physicians E/M—medical school did not
- From inpatient to outpatient: Defining the different documentation, coding, and reimbursement requirements
Also included is a special “lightning round” ideas-sharing session and a dedicated Q&A panel to help answer your most pressing questions.
Who should attend?
- Clinical documentation improvement (CDI) specialists
- CDI managers/directors
- Coding compliance directors/managers
- Coding compliance specialists
- Outpatient coders
- Case management directors/ managers
- HIM directors
- Revenue cycle directors
- Physician champions/advisors to CDI
- Quality improvement professionals
- Coding managers/supervisors
- Chief medical officers
- Denials and appeals managers
- Compliance officers
- Chief financial officers
At the conclusion of the ACDIS Symposium: Outpatient CDI Conference, you will be able to:
- Develop strategies to begin or improve outpatient CDI programs
- Modify existing CDI programs to include review of outpatient documentation and risk-adjusted methodologies such as HCCs
- Design CDI education for physicians related to outpatient practice
- Incorporate CDI data to track and report program progress and drive improvements
- Recognize compliance risks in the query process