When: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Time: 2:00 – 3:15 pm ET
It has been four years since our first panel discussion addressing the growing and alarming rise of cybersecurity threats to healthcare. According to a recent report published in the HIPAA Journal, healthcare hacking incidents accounted for 44% of all tracked data breaches in 2018, the most of any category of breach.
On this year’s panel discussion, we address cybersecurity from a couple of new fronts, and re-visit past topics that still pose issues for the industry.
On this 75-minute webcasts, our moderator and panelists will discuss:
- Why healthcare continues to lag other industries in thwarting attacks.
- How new government regulations are impacting privacy.
- What are provider and organization concerns for privacy and security with the push towards industry-wide Interoperability.
- Where does blockchain fit into the cybersecurity landscape.
- How are BYOD, Internet of Things, and Medical Devices increasing cyber threats.
- The impact of Security by Design on thwarting threats.
- Best practices and tactics for providers and organizations to adopt to reduce risk.
- Final thoughts from our moderator and panelists.