4th Annual Cybersecurity Panel Discussion
May 15 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
When: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Time: 2:00 – 3:15 pm ET
It has been four years since our first panel discussion addressing the growing and alarming rise of cybersecurity threats to healthcare. According to a recent report published in the HIPAA Journal, healthcare hacking incidents accounted for 44% of all tracked data breaches in 2018, the most of any category of breach.
On this year’s panel discussion, we address cybersecurity from a couple of new fronts, and re-visit past topics that still pose issues for the industry.
Moderated by healthcare attorney Matt Fisher, our panelists include Jenn Behrens, Partner and EVP of Privacy at Kuma, Parham Eftekhari, Executive Director of the Institute for Critical Infrastructure Technology (ICIT) and Dave Summit, the CISO for Moffitt Cancer Center.
On this 75-minute webcasts, our moderator and panelists will discuss:
- Why healthcare continues to lag other industries in thwarting attacks.
- How new government regulations are impacting privacy.
- What are provider and organization concerns for privacy and security with the push towards industry-wide Interoperability.
- Where does blockchain fit into the cybersecurity landscape.
- How are BYOD, Internet of Things, and Medical Devices increasing cyber threats.
- The impact of Security by Design on thwarting threats.
- Best practices and tactics for providers and organizations to adopt to reduce risk.
- Final thoughts from our moderator and panelists.
© 2019 · Answers Media Company, LLC