20th Biannual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
May 12 - May 13
Facilitating an Interoperable, Secure Health IT System for Military & Government
May 12-13, 2021 Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria VA
The 20th Biannual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit was designed as a “Town Hall” full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal’s efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT ecosystem. This Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented across the DoD & VA to focus on the needs of Veterans’ & active duty. This includes the integration of affordable, high-quality health services as well as innovative technologies that will ultimately, enhance patient care & enable a medically ready Joint Force. For May 2021, DSI will offer both in-person and virtual options for attendees.
Topics to be Covered at the 2021 Summit:
- Delivering excellent customer service to Veterans through the utilization of new technologies to improve services
- Implementing a single, common Federal EHR across the DoD/VA to enhance patient care & provider effectiveness
- Delivering integrated, affordable, & high-quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries
- Revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare & effective data sharing through a modernized EHR that supports the Warfighter
- Enabling Veterans more efficient access to economic opportunity through the leveraging of the Federal procurement system
- Facilitating a modernized MHS that enables a medically ready Joint Force
- Leading the future of healthcare technology at the VA
- Exploring innovative ways to authenticate users & improve the security of IT systems for Veterans
At this Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments, or ideas.