2019 WEDI Winter Conference: Connect, Communicate, Collaborate
December 2 - December 5
December 2-5, 2019 Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Arlington VA
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) is the leading authority on the use of Health IT to improve healthcare information exchange in order to enhance the quality of care, improve efficiency and to reduce costs of the American healthcare system. Formed in 1991 by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), WEDI was named in the 1996 HIPAA legislation as an advisor to HHS and continues to fulfill that role today.
Serving as a private and public industry solution to critical healthcare problems, WEDI is a coalition comprised of a cross-section of the healthcare industry: doctors, hospitals, health plans, laboratories, pharmacies, clearinghouses, dentists, vendors, government regulators and other industry stakeholders.
WEDI invites you to join them in Arlington, VA in December for their annual DC area conference looking at the latest topics, best practices, emerging trends in the healthcare IT industry.
- Monday morning WEDI Workgroup and Subworkgroup Meetings, open to all members and non-members. Attend and Engage!
- WEDI’s Privacy and Security Summit, focusing on key elements in Healthcare IT privacy, featuring speakers from OCR, Capitol Hill, HHS, HITRUST and more!
- WEDI welcomes Dr. Donald Rucker, the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Updates from TEFCA’s RCE, with Mariann Yeager, CEO of the Sequoia Project
- Learn how Dr. William Hazel, the former Secretary of Health and Human Resources for the Commonwealth of Virginia is utilizing data exchange in combating the opioid crisis
- Lessons learned from ICD-10 and preparing for ICD-11
- Breakout sessions focusing on Provider Credentialing, Health Privacy, Appropriate Use Criteria and more
- Reconnect and make new connections at our Welcome Reception
- Learn how Healthcare IT will be a factor in the 2020 Election with Dan Mendelson, Founder of Avalere Health and former Associate Director for Health at the Office of Management and Budget in the Clinton White House.
- Updates and Lessons Learned from the New Medicare Card Program
- A Special Introduction and Level-Set session on FHIR hosted by Rick Geimer of Lantana
- Breakout Sessions featuring Attachments, ONC FAST, Patient Identity and more
- Building off of the success of WEDI’s Summer Forum, which looked into the bridging of EDI to API, WEDI will offer a one day post-con on December 5 in Crystal City, VA that will continue to look into the liberation of patient data for both clinical and administrative through open APIs. This hands-on experience will allow attendees the opportunity to learn how to capture patient demographics, use the FHIR server, discuss how FHIR and X12 work together and review several business cases.
© 2019 · Answers Media Company, LLC